Wednesday, May 23, 2018

How to crochet a big Flower for hat



Free Pattern (This is for personal use only)

The first time I learnt crochet. My first project was a flower. I did apply some technique we used to this flower especially creating the petals.

Yarn used: Medium 4 weight yarn & 100% Acrylic
Yarn color used(pictured above)-Pretty 'n Pink & Shocking pink
Crochet hook used: 3.75mm
Flower button(optional)

Abbreviations used:
Hdc- Half double crochet
Sc- single crochet
Dc-double crochet
Tc-trebble crochet
sl st- slip stitch
ch(s)- chain(s)
sts-stitches

Begin with slip knot(with pretty 'n pink) or your choice of yarn color.

Row 1: Chain 131
Row 2: Turn, Sc in the second chain from the hook & sc in each chain across =130sc

Row 3: Turn, Ch 5, (imaged below) skip 4 stitches, sl st in next one stitch, (Ch 5, skip 4 sts, slip stitch in next one st)-repeat all the way across. = 26 chain spaces
skipping 4 sts & going to work a slip stitch





two chain 5 spaces have completed




















 Row 4: Turn, Work into chain 5 spaces:
(sc,hdc,dc, 3tc, tc in second skipped st, 3tc, dc,hdc, sc)- Repeat across. Then slip stitch to the beginning chain & finish off. Leave about 25 inches tail for sewing. =26 petals
 


To work trebble crochet in second skipped st
trebble in second skipped st have completed















First petals have completed




two petals have completed 






This is how it look like when you finished row 4.





Edging: With shocking pink or your choice of yarn color. Slip knot, right side of row 4 is facing you,  slip stitch to the first sc in row 2, slip stitch in back loop only in first sc in row 4 & slip stitch in each stitches across in back loop only. Then slip stitch to the beginning chain and finished off.
the beginning slip stitch is in the first sc of row 2. 



    -
 last slip stitch is in the beginning chain of row 1.





-













This is the final steps, roll it the way you like to form a flower. Both sides will work. Then sew the bottom. In the main picture above, I rolled it with right side on the top & I glued a flower button in the middle. In the picture below I didn't add an edging & a flower button.

Example:

rolling it with wrong side on the top



















the bottom









I rolled it with right side on the top












I hope it helps.  I'm not an advanced crocheter. I still considered myself as a beginner. I started taking down notes while crocheting a project on my own. This is how I learnt writing the pattern. Happy crocheting. Have a beautiful day!!! Feel free to ask me if you have questions.


1 comment:

  1. This flower is gorgeous!🧶🧶🧶

    ReplyDelete